Re: use git, not cvs

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: use git, not cvs
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:00:09 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:36, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
> "git cvsexportcommit" does not work on the current MSYS/MinGW port of
> git for Windows.

[to propagate your changes from a git mirror repo into the master cvs one]

I suppose you've reported it? or maybe that's a known limitation.

In a pinch, you can get by with just applying patches from git to
a CVS working tree, and then manually changing permissions and marking
files for addition/removal before doing the "cvs commit".

> (Your git mirror is great, though, and I use it daily.)

Thanks ;-)