Re: which bug messages should be sent where?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: which bug messages should be sent where?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:48:00 -0700

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Jason Rumney wrote:
> I agree, and the messages sent to bug-gnu-emacs should essentially
> be the same messages as before (ie no control messages, and done
> messages should be the raw message as the developer sent it, not
> prepended with standard messages and the original bug report.

I can swap these around for messages sent to the maintainer and
mailing list so the -done is first, and the original message is at the
end so the informative bit is the first thing that is seen.

> The way I think the mail forwarding should work is this:
>

> bug-gnu-emacs incoming mail address + numbered addresses for existing bugs
>      bug tracker
> bug-gnu-emacs mailing list and newsgroup

This is how it actually works.

> emacs-pretest-bug incoming mail address + numbered addresses for
> existing bugs
>      bug tracker
>  emacs-devel mailing list

[I didn't set this up, so I'm not sure.]

Don Armstrong

--
No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free
[...] You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.