Re: Face remapping on mouse menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Face remapping on mouse menu
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:21:25 +0900

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
> Now that the face-remapping code has been checked in, I'd suggest
> changing this menu to a "buffer faces" menu.  It should contain a few
> items that remap the `default' face in the current buffer: an item to
> increase the face size, an item to decrease the face size, and an item
> to change the face font.  When fontconfig is available, the latter can
> use x-popup-dialog to pop up the GTK font selector, instead of relying
> on x-fixed-font-alist.

It sounds like a great idea to me!

I agree that the current font-menu is not really all that useful for
many people... (I certainly never use it except in very exceptional
circumstances; in fact, I'm not sure the last time I used it... 1997 or
thereabouts? :-).

-Miles

--
Guilt, n. The condition of one who is known to have committed an indiscretion,
as distinguished from the state of him who has covered his tracks.