Subject of closure notifications sent to submitters [Re: bug#119 acknowl

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Subject of closure notifications sent to submitters [Re: bug#119 acknowledged by developer (Closing fixed bugs)]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:11:26 -0700

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Drew Adams wrote:
> Please add the original Subject to the Subject line. We shouldn't
> have to open the mail and search its body to find what bug #119 is
> (in this case, "modify-frame-parameters in Emacs 23 for fonts".
>
> The status "acknowledged by developer (Closing fixed bugs)" is not needed in
> the
> Subject line. What is needed is the original Subject.

No, what is needed in the subject line is an informative message which
tells you why the bug has been closed. Using close with the control
interface should not be done unless you've already sent a mail to the
bug submitter explaining that their bug has been closed.

The subject contains the subject of the message that actually caused
the bug to be closed, and explains what the message that it is sending
you is about, which it did.

Don Armstrong

--
What I can't stand is the feeling that my brain is leaving me for
someone more interesting.