Re: Stak dump with tar.[bz2/gz] files (Cygwin)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Stak dump with tar.[bz2/gz] files (Cygwin)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:00:42 +0200

Stefan Monnier ha scritto:

Can you try and run it in a debugger to give us a backtrace?
Also, try to recompile with -DENABLE_CHECKING so as to hopefully catch
the bug earlier.

As I have written (more times) in this list, I am not expert of gdb...

In any case, with my original build:

$ gdb /usr/local/emacs/bin/emacs.exe
GNU gdb 6.8.0.20080328-cvs (cygwin-special)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-cygwin"...
(gdb) run -Q
Starting program: /usr/local/emacs/bin/emacs.exe -Q
[New thread 4060.0xb4]
[New thread 4060.0xcc]
[New thread 4060.0x648]
[New thread 4060.0xc0]
[New thread 4060.0x100]
[New thread 4060.0x104]
[New thread 4060.0x67c]

C-x C-f /tmp/hello1.tar.bz2

[New thread 4060.0xb8]
[New thread 4060.0x2fc]
3 [sig] emacs 4060 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to emacs.exe.stackdump

Program exited with code 0103000.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)

Rebuilding with -DENABLE_CHECKING, the only difference is that starting Emacs (run -Q), it prints the warning:

'Warning (initialization): Building Emacs overflowed pure space. (See the node Pure Storage in the Lisp manual for details.)'

Cheers,
   Angelo.