Re: breadcrumbs for Info . . . . . .

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: breadcrumbs for Info . . . . . .
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 03:27:37 +0300

>> BTW, I agree with you that the `toc' should be a virtual node rather
>> than a virtual manual.  And the info-apropos should construct a node
>> "(apropos)<query>" rather than "(apropos)Top".
>
> I don't recall saying that, but I agree. ;-)

It was me who proposed a virtual node.  As for `apropos' I think it
would be good to collect a list of virtual query nodes and present them
in a menu in the top virtual node of the virtual manual `apropos'.

> I think I wrote something related a while back about users creating virtual
> books that way. And I mentioned caching the node list rather than the TOC
> text.

Since breadcrumbs code is installed, this is a good occasion to implement
building the node tree to improve its performance.

> Better to show the information, wrapping it as needed - least surprise. (What
> the `...'? Where did the rest of it go?)

IIUC, there is no problem now.  The maximal level depth in Texinfo is 4.
So the current default breadcrumbs depth will display all nodes for the
maximal allowed depth.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/