Re: Emacs scrolling (redisplay) is very slow in Windows XP after the fon

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs scrolling (redisplay) is very slow in Windows XP after the font end enabled
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:14:00 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> Emacs scrolling (redisplay) is very slow in Windows XP after the
> font backend enabled.
>
> e.g., if I open a file (quite large), when I press PageDn/PageUp to
> scroll it, there is an uncomfortable delay in the redisplay. If I hold
> down the PageDn/PageUp for a while, the delay is even worse and Emacs
> will lose response for a while.
>
> In Emacs-22.2 and the 23 version where the font backend disabled, the
> scrolling is very fluent when I hold down the PageDn/PageUp key.

I do not know if you follow this list, but it has been discussed here
quite a few times. Some people are working on this (many thanks!) and my
impression is that it is getting better and better, but there is still a
bit left.

If you want to report any specific problem in this area I think you need
a very fresh checkout from the CVS for the report to be usable.