Re: Stak dump with tar.[bz2/gz] files (Cygwin)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Stak dump with tar.[bz2/gz] files (Cygwin)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:41:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:

What about the other 4 threads? do they also show such an unhelpful
backtrace?  If so, I guess we are stuck with what you produced from
the stack dump file.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed
with this crash?

The other threads were like the first, so I have excluded them from the report.

The only thing I can say is that CVS dated (-D) "27 May 2008 19:58" works and "27 May 2008 19:59" doesn't. 'diff' shows that the differences are only in tar-mode.el file (and ChangeLog, excluding */CVS/*).

C-x C-f hello.tar.bz2 RED causes "Parsing tar file...done " in the minibuffer and before Emacs can display the contents of tar file (in dired mode style), it crashes.

Thanks for the assistance (and patience!).

Cheers,
   Angelo.