RE: Emacs scrolling (redisplay) is very slow in Windows XP afterthe font

From: brianjiang
Subject: RE: Emacs scrolling (redisplay) is very slow in Windows XP afterthe font end enabled
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:00:41 +0800

> If you want to report any specific problem in this area I think you
> need a very fresh checkout from the CVS for the report to be
> usable.

I did checkout a very fresh version (Jun 16) to report this
problem. The problem is still there. Since the --disable-font-backend
option has been eliminated, this performance problem really frustrates
the Windows users now. As I know, many people stop checking out the
new version from CVS now.

Any way, many thanks to the people contribute to Emacs :-)