Re: Lost antialias?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Lost antialias?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:01:42 -0400

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there any reason to have x,xft by default, instead of xft,x?
>
> Backward compatibility.

Will re-ordering the font backends fix the other problem we discussed,
which is that the `fixed-pitch' and `variable-pitch' faces are
non-fontconfig fonts?  We need to solve this problem, because it looks
bad if Emacs acquires Fontconfig font support but the startup screen
doesn't use those fonts.

Re-ordering the font-backends in .emacs does not solve the problem.

Should we simply abolish the use of `fixed-pitch' and `variable-pitch'?