Re: The new newsticker doesn't show my feeds

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: The new newsticker doesn't show my feeds
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:23:37 +0200

Ulf Jasper <address@hidden> writes:

> Please send me an "ASCII screen shot".

File Edit Options Buffers Tools Help
[X] Feeds               |* Date            Title
[X] Virtual Feeds       |

                        |-UUU:%%--F1  *Newsticker List*   All L1     (

-UUU:%*--F1  *Newsticker|-UUU:%*--F1  *Newsticker Item*   All L1     (
Reading [text/html; charset=iso-8859-1]... 256 bytes of 246 bytes (10\
4%)

> What happens when you type 'j'?  (This should call
> newsticker-treeview-jump, prompt for a feed name, and show the
> contents of that feed.)

The prompt appears, I can enter a feed with completion, but RET doesn't
do anything.  No output in *Messages*, no difference in the buffer
contents...

,----[ C-h v newsticker-groups RET ]
| newsticker-groups is a variable defined in `newst-treeview.el'.
| Its value is
| ("Feeds" "Comments for Tassilo's Blog" "Tassilo's Blog" "FastMail.FM
| status weblog" "Neuigkeiten des FB4" "GHRKO News" "Inforakel"
| "tagesschau.de - Die Nachrichten der ARD" "Planet Lisp"
| "Common-Lisp.net" "Fellowship News" "DefectiveByDesign.org - The
| Campaign to Eliminate DRM" "BadVista - VistaWatch" "BadVista Blog"
| "The Daily WTF" "Slashdot" "NewsForge" "heise online News" "Pro-Linux
| News" "Planet Emacsen" "Emacs Wiki")
|

| Documentation:
| List of feed groups, used in the treeview frontend.
| Each element must be a list consisting of strings.  The first
| element gives the title of the group, the following elements the
| names of feeds that belong to the group.
| FIXME
`----

I guess there's the culprit.  The docs say it's a list of lists like

  (("Group1" "Feed1" "Feed2")
   ("Group2" "Feed3" "Feed4"))

Bye,
Tassilo