Distances between characters become larger

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Distances between characters become larger
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:23:37 +0800

Hi,

The newest CVS Emacs chooses a different font when started with the -Q
option.  Meanwhile, the distances between characters become extremely
larger.  I have configured to let the xft backend take precedence over
the x backend by adding "Emacs*FontBackend: xft, x" into
~/.Xresources.  I'm not sure if this is my configuration problem (may
or may not be Emacs related configuration) or not.  The logs both
before and after the checkout have been attached.  What should I do
fix this weird behavior?  Thanks.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!