Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:38:07 +0200

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 21:13, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Because the changes I refered to should be independent of whether
> using Unix or Windows, since the emacs lisp files and their
> dependencies are independent of arch.

That does not answer my question.

> You should avoid creating a base loaddefs by hand on windows, because
> it should not be necessary, and otherwise someone will have to
> remember to update the makefile rule every time the version in
> autoload.el is changed.

I agree that "it should not be necessary", but why was it deemed
necessary would perhaps be better answered by the developer that
implemented that on Windows in the first place.

> It's basically just a case of syncing the makefile.w32-in with
> Makefile.in.

As I said: don't let my total lack of interest in fixing the makefiles
stop you from doing it.

   Juanma