RE: followup to bug report not included in bug tracker; diverseautomatic

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: followup to bug report not included in bug tracker; diverseautomatic Subject lines; ACK noise
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:58:24 -0700

> >> Agreed.  Basically, each bug number gets its own mini mailing-list,
> >
> > Why should that happen? Why have two threads for the same bug?
>
> Drew, please take a deep breath and think before posting:

Please lose the snottiness.

> nowhere does it say or even imply that the same bug
> (sh|w)ould get 2 threads.

Perhaps I should have used a different word from "thread": "subject". In my mail
client, at least, sorting by subject line is the closest thing I have to sorting
by thread.

You called it a "mini mailing-list". I mistakenly called it a "thread" this
once. But "subject" is the word I've been using over and over. Please don't
change the subject (in both senses): that's what I've been asking. At a minimum,
please don't change the beginning of the subject line.

> > It's hard for me to believe that changing the subject line
> > would be standard practice anywhere.
>
> Yes, sometimes reality is hard to take.

See above - lose it.