Re: longlines-show-hard-newlines - should not the default be t?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: longlines-show-hard-newlines - should not the default be t?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:09:27 -0400

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the default value should be t. I think longlines can be quite
> confusing otherwise.

That runs into problems when the buffer is displayed in of different
widths.  This is one of the two main limitations of longlines mode (the
other being the font-lock problem discussed before).

I am taking a look at Kim Storm's window wrapping code.  Probably it's
better to offer that from the menu bar, instead of longlines mode.