Re: Display-based word wrapping

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Display-based word wrapping
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:02:23 -0400

> How about not using word-wrap, but rather integers?  A positive integer

I don't see any need for it: the boundary is a hard one, so nothing will
ever be displayed poast it, so you may as well place the window edge
there, which works just fine without introducing anything new.

We're only talking about adding word-wrap additionally to char-wrap.

> truncate-partial-window-width override should have the same meaning and
> take precedence if non-nil.

For truncate-partial-window-width OTOH, I think it would make sense to
allow it to be an integer to mean "truncate if the window is less than
this number".  But that's unrelated to word-wrapping,

        Stefan