Re: The transparence code - is it installed?

From: Michael Ekstrand
Subject: Re: The transparence code - is it installed?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 22:23:39 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> I've tried it, and it works, but it doesn't seem terribly useful in
> practice -- afaict, it affects _everything_ in the emacs frame, not just
> the background (and compiz, at least, can actually do that without any
> emacs support at all)...

This thread prompted me to try it myself as well, as I enjoy a slight
bit of translucency to my editing/shell workspaces.  And indeed, the
translucency of non-background elements is undesirable.

Are there any plans to add support for alpha channel values in the color
specifications?  It should be possible with GTK+ (the XFCE terminal
emulator uses true translucency for the background on composited
displays).

- Michael

--
mouse, n: A device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
Confused by the strange files?  I cryptographically sign my messages.