Re: `C-x n s' binding in org-mode

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: `C-x n s' binding in org-mode
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:14:34 -0400

    Using this philosophy, Org rebinds C-a, C-e, and C-k to slightly modify
    the behavior of these functions in headlines with tags.

    C-x n s  seemed a logical key for this.

It seems logical to me, too.  If there is a flaw here, I think it is
not in Org mode.

Perhaps our conclusion should be that a user that rebinds C-x n and
uses Org mode should put something in org-mode-hook to clean up for
this.

Or perhaps Org mode should be changed to bind C-x n d instead.
Not that it's wrong to bind C-x n s, but if changing that to C-x n d
would save hassles for some people, why not?

Or maybe Org mode can verify that C-x n n is bound to
`narrow-to-region' before it binds C-x n s.

Or that map could be given a name.

One could also propose more elegant solutions involving additional
mechanisms in Emacs, but I think they would take a lot of time and it
would not be well spent.  It is better to take an easy way out, for
this, and spend our time on something more useful.