Re: movement bindings in c-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: movement bindings in c-mode
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:05:53 +0000

Hi, Miles and Stefan,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:09:56PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> > I think beginning-of-defun-function should be passed the repeat count
> > (naturally doing the right thing when that function can't take it).

> Actually, I just looked at the place where beginning-of-defun-function
> is called (in `beginning-of-defun-raw'), and it _does_ pass the repeat
> count (with appropriate handling for old-style callees that don't expect
> it).

Well, so it does.  I missed that change.  Thanks, Stefan!

> So then this should be simple, right?

Right.  I'll change it.

Just one small point, though.  The doc-string for
beginning-of-defun-function recommends putting point at the { rather
than the function header.  I think this is unright.  Stefan?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).