Re: Emacs choosing a font with no latin characters when passed a bogus -

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Emacs choosing a font with no latin characters when passed a bogus -fn
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:27:12 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 00:48, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I added a script condition to the entry for iso10646-1 fonts for latin
>> characters in fontset.el, which should result in a random latin font
>> being selected instead of using these fonts.
>
> With a trunk build from today, I still see the same problem.

I see the problem too, it appears slightly different now
(abbreviated C-u C-x = data):

        character: t (116, #o164, #x74)
          display: no font available

But it still appears to be using the font
-outline-Estrangelo Edessa-normal-normal-normal-script-16-*-p-*-unknown
when Emacs is started as emacs -Q -fn -*-unknown