Re: make distclean removes all .elc files

From: Johannes Weiner
Subject: Re: make distclean removes all .elc files
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:49:49 +0200

Hi,

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Running `make distclean' now deletes all .elc files.  Unless the idea is
>> to strip them from the release tarballs and force everybody to
>> bootstrap Emacs, this looks very wrong.
>
> Should be fixed now, thanks,

I am pretty new to the Emacs development process, so please excuse when
I step on anyones toes here.

But would it be possible in such cases to just C-x i the actual patch so
people can have a direct look at it and a reference on the mailing list
where the actual issue is also discussed?

I like the patch-based communication from other mailing lists and
perhaps this one could benefit from it too.

        Hannes