Re: -Q / --no-site-file and site-lisp/

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: -Q / --no-site-file and site-lisp/
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:59:53 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Lennart,

But there should be some option (i.e. --vanilla, -V) which is like -Q
and does not load any external packages.
Do you mean "does not alter load-path" by running any site-lisp/subdirs.el?

I mean "does not alter load-path by NOT running any
site-lisp/subdirs.el".

Ehum. I guess it is my English in some way ... ;-)

I think that would be useful. (Maybe there could be a --no-site-dir in
addition to -V?)

If -V does not load any site-lisp/subdirs.el, what would --no-site-dir
do additionally?

It would give more flexibility while searching for possible startup problems that depends on wrong files beeing loaded.

But maybe another option that gives even more control over this would be better. I have no good idea for that at the moment however.