Re: font - dpi settings ignored?

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: font - dpi settings ignored?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:15:03 -0400

>> Could you tell me what does Xft.dpi means?

>> Is it a way to tell X applications to assume the specified DPI

> In short, yes.

More specifically, it tells libXft to use said DPI.  If it exists,
libXft adds that value (a double) to the patterns it sends on to
fontconfig.

If it does not exist, libXft uses DisplayHeight * 25.4 / DisplayHeightMM.

I believe it uses those two (prefering the Xft.dpi value) only if the
application hasn't already specified FC_DPI in the fontconfig pattern.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6