Re: GDB debugger mode for Emacs in ELPA

From: filerz-emacs
Subject: Re: GDB debugger mode for Emacs in ELPA
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:22:17 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

----- Original Message ----
> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> > I am using Emacs from GIT HEAD on M$-XP build using VS 2003 with image
> > support.
> >
> > Stack trace follows:
> >
> >      ntdll.dll!7c901230()
> > >    emacs.exe!w32_abort()  Line 8194    C
> >      emacs.exe!r_re_alloc()  Line 1030    C
>
> That looks like a problem with Emacs, not the package.  Assuming that you are
> using GDB, what do you get if you type xbacktrace in the console?  (This is a
> user defined command in .gdbinit which gives a backtrace of Lisp function
> calls.)

Lisp Backtrace:
"tar-summarize-buffer" (0x82e794)
"tar-mode" (0x82e860)
"progn" (0x82e984)
"if" (0x82ea04)
"package-untar-buffer" (0x82ea80)
"let*" (0x82ebd4)
"let" (0x82ecb4)
"package-unpack" (0x82ed30)
"save-excursion" (0x82ee84)
"let" (0x82ef64)
"package-download-tar" (0x82efe0)
"cond" (0x82f114)
"let*" (0x82f1d4)
0x388401d Lisp type 5
"mapc" (0x82f360)
"package-download-transaction" (0x82f410)
"let" (0x82f594)
"let" (0x82f674)
"package-install" (0x82f794)
"call-interactively" (0x82f93c)
"execute-extended-command" (0x82fac4)
"call-interactively" (0x82fc7c)

-dky

      Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food and more. Go to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/