Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:48:58 +0200

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:21, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks, but are changes like this one really worth the trouble?  Looks
> like a terrible waste of energy (and bandwidth) to me.

I've been guilty of such a "waste of energy" a couple times or five
(most famously the time that I removed trailing whitespace in 600 or
700 files at once) so take what I say with a whole kg. of salt...

But in this case, I'd like to point out that comments and ChangeLog
entries are not the public interface of Emacs, so I'm not sure of the
propriety of changing "behaviour" -> "behavior" and "generalise" ->
"generalize" etc. I've always felt that it was the committer's
prerogative to use his/her native idiolect in such cases.

  Juanma