Re: Crash in handling tar files (Was: GDB debugger mode for Emacs in ELP

From: filerz-emacs
Subject: Re: Crash in handling tar files (Was: GDB debugger mode for Emacs in ELPA)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:33:05 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

----- Original Message ----
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>

> Could the crash discussed in this thread be related to that, [1], we
> discussed longly and which still happens on Cygwin?

From the trace, it does appear quite similar. I am now looking into the code.
The problem seems to be that a call to realloc is not able to locate the
pointer as allocated by it earlier. I did debug and stepped through the code. I
am planning to log all allocations, re-allocations and free to see what is
happening.

-dhruva

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/