Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:30:23 +0900

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
> My understanding has always been that American spellings should be used
> in documentation, but comments and ChangeLog entries do not require such
> exertion of effort on the part of native English speakers to
> deliberately misspell words in the American way.

Personally I rather _like_ seeing e.g. english spelling in code comments
etc. -- it reflects the author and adds some local flavor, and the
differences are so small that they do not affect readability (even for
non-native speakers).

Changing those things seems more like mindless pedantry and
obsessiveness than useful work.

-Miles

--
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a