Re: Faces applies to new frames

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Faces applies to new frames
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 00:22:15 -0400

>> And that's exactly the reason why I introduced `font-parameter'.
>> Basically, I think that frame parameters should generally take
>> precedence since they may really be set on a frame-by-frame basis.

> Eh?  face attributes can be set on a frame-by-frame basis too...

Sorry, I tend to leave this out indeed, but AFAIK this is never
a problem: we're mostly talking here about settings saved somewhere so
they're applied at frame creation.  `set-face-attribute' applied to
a single frame happen afterwards and don't need to save anything
anywhere, so they "just work" (tho they may be incorrectly overridden
later on by a defface spec if Custom is asked to reapply a particular
defface spec,. typically becaquse that spec was changed).

        Stefan