Re: New look for Emacs-23.0

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: New look for Emacs-23.0
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:22:50 +0200 (CEST)

> > Please find attached a new set of splash images for
> > Emacs-23.0. These are anti-aliased versions of the current ones
> > for Emacs and gnus. The idea is that as font aliasing is a great
> > improvement for next release, I think that the visual and
> > aesthetic aspect of Emacs should be also slightly updated.
>
> They are very nice and look much better that the default xpm splash
> screen (at least on Windows).

A minor glitch: The lower left end of the `s' looks like a serifed
form which doesn't match the appearance of all other letters -- the
anti-aliased version pronouces this stronger than the old one.  With
other words, it shouldn't have a serif but rather a hook (like the
hook in the lower left of the `a').

    Werner