Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Fix UK spelling in comments and ChangeLog entries?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:07:54 +1200

 > > So I can.  British spellings, etymologically more accurate, refined
 > > and cultured, are clearly so superior to ignorant and vulgar
 > > Americanisms, that it vexes me that Emacs has chosen to use the
 > > latter.  I mean, "color" is something you wear round your neck, isn't
 > > it?
 >
 > You mean "collar".  You should exhibit a better grasp of spelling if you
 > want to make a convincing point.

Lighten up, it's a joke.  In UK English red is a "colour", so naturally
one then starts to wonder what "color" means.  It made me smile anyway.

 > Anyway, the point is that Emacs _has_ chosen a language for its
 > documentation.  It would be out of place if I commented my contributions
 > in German, so why should others document in British?

Because British and American are almost the same language while German is
completely different?

Oops, sorry I seem to be in the wrong mailing list.

Emacs, anyone?