Re: BJM: Fan mail from some flounder? RJS: No, this is what I really ca

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: BJM: Fan mail from some flounder? RJS: No, this is what I really call a message...
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:26:32 -0700

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008, Drew Adams wrote:
> Sorry, but I cannot fathom this. I came across these three messages,
> floating in a sea of others that look similar.
>
> Two of them say that I should expect "a substantive response
> shortly" from Glenn. The third refers cryptically to bugs #398 and
> #239 (but also to other, unrelated bugs), telling me that "'close'
> is deprecated" and (euphemistically? ;-)) inviting me to send any
> further explanations to myself.

The reason why close is deprecated is precisely because it has no
information as to why the bug was closed. It should not be used.

If you're reaching for close, send a message to bugnum-done instead.

Don Armstrong

--
"Because," Fee-5 explained patiently, "I was born in the fifth row.
Any fool would understand that, but against stupidity the very Gods