Re: composed characters question and suggestions for quail-cyrillic-*

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: composed characters question and suggestions for quail-cyrillic-*
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:25:28 -0500

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:45:20 +0900 Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

KH> In article <address@hidden>, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

>> and how to switch to a Quail package?  All the examples use
>> quail-define-package to switch to the package and I hope I don't have
>> to dig into the macros to figure out how to switch to an
>> already-defined package.

KH> You can use quail-defrule.

KH> emacs/leim/leim-ext.el adds extra rules to the existing input method by:

KH> (eval-after-load "quail/..."
KH>    '(quail-defrule "..." ...))

Thank you.  I have this:

(dolist (method
         ;; there must be a better way to do this grep :)
         (remove nil
                 (mapcar
                  (lambda(m)
                    (let ((name (car-safe m)))
                      (when (string-match "cyrillic" name)
                        name)))
                  input-method-alist)))
  (quail-defrule ",," ?„ method)
  (quail-defrule "\"\"" ?“ method))

but it is not working, because the method name is not the right thing to
specify for quail-defrule.  I hope I don't have to use a macro to do

(eval-after-load "quail/..."
  '(quail-defrule "A" ?B nil t))

for each such method, as leim-ext.el does.  I hope also I don't have to
modify input-method-alist directly, but it seems right now that is the
best option.

Thanks
Ted