Re: line/wrap-prefix patch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: line/wrap-prefix patch
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:19:10 +0900

Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:
> My final comment concerns adaptive filling.  In my modification of
> longlines.el long lines are appropriately wrapped at different levels of
> indentation, resulting in displays like this:
..
> With your patch, doing (setq wrap-prefix
> (fill-context-prefix (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position)))
> results in a display like this:
> It would be nice to get the appropriate indentation.

To get varying prefixes, you can use the `wrap-prefix' text property.

To do so automatically and dynamically would be interesting, but is
obviously more work.  I wonder what ways of specifying the prefix would
be practical (e.g., a text-property covering the "header" text at the
beginning of the physical line, which would be replaced by spaces to get
the wrap prefix, or a regexp used to match the header)?

-Miles

Z!