Re: files in emacs/lisp/language/ not byte compiled

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: files in emacs/lisp/language/ not byte compiled
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 15:55:45 -0400

>> The reason to change is that when doing "make recompile" in emacs/lisp
>> there are a lot of lines printed about files not being byte compiled.
>> This scrolls up legitimate warnings/errors and it is easy to not see them...

I never use recompile, but I think `make compile-main' should have the
same effect, not complain about files with no-byte-compile, be
parallelizable, and also better in terms of compiling each file in a
clean environment.

The only possible advantage to recompile would seem to be the
progmodes/cc-mode.elc explicit rule, for cc mode weirdness.