gdb-ui, dedicated windows

From: David Hansen
Subject: gdb-ui, dedicated windows
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:58:26 +0200

Hello,

when `gdb-many-windows' is nil some windows (e.g. the window displaying
the stack buffer) are dedicated.

This may make sense with `gdb-many-windows' set to t but I find it
pretty annoying with a nil value.  I just looked at a long stack trace
displayed in the only window of the frame.

When I hit RET to jump to the interesting source Emacs popped up a new
frame.  IMHO it's very bad behavior to pop up a frame unless explicitly
asked to do so.

Do these windows have to be dedicated?

Another smaller annoyance: IMHO the separate IO buffer shouldn't be in a
dedicated window even if `gdb-many-windows' is t.  It just takes to much
space and makes it hard to look at two source files at the same time.

BTW, how about some key bindings to move around / display the gdb-ui
windows?

David