Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 08:40:59 -0600

Tom> To achieve this, a few changes are needed.  First, Emacs needs a
Tom> new way to maximize a frame so it doesn't overshadow the panel.

Nick> I'm not sure what you mean.  Emacs appears maximise a frame like
Nick> any other application and the (Gnome) planel always remains
Nick> visible for me.

Try:

(modify-frame-parameters nil '((fullscreen . fullboth)))

For me this covers the whole screen.  I reported this last year
sometime ... Emacs needs a new fullscreen mode that respects the fd.o
standard here.  (It needs the current mode for presentation apps.)

Nick> Yes it would be nice to have something like this, although I
Nick> generally don't want to start with the same window arrangement
Nick> that I finished with in the previous sessiion.  Whenever
Nick> possible I recompile and stay in the same session and that way I
Nick> keep breakpoints, command history etc.

Different strokes...

Tom