Re: cygwin emacs gtk2 problem fix

From: d.henman
Subject: Re: cygwin emacs gtk2 problem fix
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:03:14 +0900

Thanks for the confirmation that the fix works for you as well.

As to your question:
"> Now the question is: could that be done at level of source code?"

I am not familiar with the source code, though I did try something like the
following in "../lisp/startup.el", thinking it might work.

Ideally I7d use the below (if (and ...)) structure, but I don't now how to
determine the toolkit emacs was built with.  I simply wrote "x-toolkit" to
illustrate.

(if (and (string= system-type "cygwin") (string= x-toolkit "gtk2"))
        (setenv "G_SLICE" "always-malloc"))

but, since I don't know how to find the toolkit used I just used the below:
(if (string= system-type "cygwin")
        (setenv "G_SLICE" "always-malloc"))

But, this did not work. emacs just crashed.  I guess startup.el is called after
doing some processing with the toolkit.

Regards,
  Darel Henman