Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:02:39 -0400

Tom> (modify-frame-parameters nil '((fullscreen . fullboth)))

Tom> For me this covers the whole screen.

For icewm: _NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) is set to:

_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT,
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ

for a window (frame in Emacs terminology) which does not occlude the
panel.  For a fully maximized window, it is set to:

_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN,
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT,
_NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ

and the _WIN_LAYER(CARDINAL) is increased to layer the window on top
of the panel.

I beleive that is the standardized, window manager independent behaviour.

The typical terminology is 'Maximized' for the former behaviour and 'Full
Screen' for the latter.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6