Re: visual-line-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:30:54 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> This said, I find that visual-line movement works well *all the time*
> (literally).  I've never felt like turning it off and the few times I've
> bumped into it unexpectedly, I was positively surprised.

Me too.  I've been using Stefan's patch (which just turns on
visual-movement globally) since he posted it, and aside from the
aformentioned weird behavior of C-a/C-e (which is clearly just a bug), I
find I don't even _notice_.

While it's true that redefining basic commands is frowned-upon in
general, C-a/C-e/C-n/C-p have long had special "interactive" versions
that do funny things to make the user happy, with lisp code using more
basic primitives.  I don't think it would be a stretch to just commit a
bug-fixed and extended version of Stefan's patch.

-miles

--
We live, as we dream -- alone....