Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:52:17 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> As I see, there is no new rfc.  And rfc1345 is criticized because it was
> published without review, contains errors, and is inconsistent with the
> Unicode data.  Without these drawbacks it would be a good input method.
> There is a relevant thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/26127

I read though that thread, and it comes to no real conclusion.  rfc1345
clearly has flaws, but it actually _does_ have some practical utility.
This was pointed out (repeatedly) in that thread, but the objectors
seemed unable to suggest a practical alternative (and the most vocal
objectors seemed rather clueless to tell the truth).

Unless there is a better replacement in-kind, there seems no point to
removing the rfc1345 input method.

-Miles

--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen