Re: Font regression on latest CVS

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Re: Font regression on latest CVS
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:58:06 +0300

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, "=?UTF-8?Q?=C4=B0smail_D=C3=B6nmez?="
> <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Font display has regressed on latest CVS once again. Currently when I
>> insert a non-ascii characters into a line the lines height changes.
>> Attached is two screenshots. In ascii.png you can see that height of
>> "ERC" is OK but when I insert i-dotless the height goes up
>> unnecesseraly. This is a regression introduced in last 2-3 days.
> [...]
>> FWIW this only happens with Droid font and when using Turkish characters.
>
> The line heigh will change if the height of the font itself
> is taller than the height of the current line, even if the
> shown glyph itself is not that tall.

The problem is Turkish ı is actually smaller than i, thats why I think
this is a bug.

> What is the full font name shown by C-u C-x = when you put
> cursor on Turkish character.

It says:

    character: ı (305, #o461, #x131)
preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
       code point: 0x0131
           syntax: w    which means: word
         category: h:Korean j:Japanese l:Latin
      buffer code: #xC4 #xB1
        file code: #xC4 #xB1 (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
          display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-unknown-Kayrawan-normal-normal-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1 (#xF5)

Character code properties are not shown: customize what to show

There are text properties here:
  auto-composed        t
  fontified            t

> And, which font was selected for Turkish previously?

Since it was same as the other characters I assume Droid Sans Mono.

Regards,
ismail

--
I do object-oriented programming - if the customer objects, I do more
programming.