Re: Working with one buffer in two frames/windows

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Working with one buffer in two frames/windows
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 05:40:27 +0900

David Kastrup writes:
 > martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > >> I don't think that the solution lies in user commands.  The behavior for
 > >> temporary screens like help screens and gnus screens and other stuff is
 > >> far too egregiously annoying to make it reasonable to require the user
 > >> to fight for his window configuration each time.
 > >
 > > If you have problems with `View-quit' when viewing a help buffer please
 > > report here.  I have tried to handle that case but might have failed.
 >
 > I just tried for 10-seconds and it might do the right thing.  However,
 > killing the view buffer with C-x k RET does not.

(add-hook 'kill-buffer-hook 'View-quit 'append 'local)

?

Yeah, I know, if somebody else does (add-hook ... 'append 'local)
later they will be hosed; maybe `add-hook' needs a MUST-BE-LAST-P
argument and error or warn if 'must-be-last has already been used?

Or view-mode could rebind C-x k to something that does the equivalent
of a before advice which checks if the buffer to kill is the current
buffer, and if so does an add-one-shot-hook.