Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:56:51 +0000

'Evening, Richard!

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 01:38:28PM -0400, Richard M Stallman wrote:
>     Richard, you're perhaps the brightest guy around, here.  How long
>     did it take you to get your first GNU/Linux installation installed
>     and _fully_ working (i.e. all peripherals, networking, X-Windows,
>     email, web-browsing, ....  all satisfactory)?

> I have never done this myself.  Perhaps that's why I am the brightest
> guy around ;-).

That's wonderful!  :-)

> Actually, what's best to do depends on your goals.  If your wish is to
> get a machine running ASAP, ask (or even pay) an expert to do it.  If
> your wish is to learn more about GNU/Linux system administration,
> installing it yourself is a good way to learn.

> foryou

I suppose it never really occurred to me to get help.  Hey, I'm a
hacker, an expert, I can do anything!!!!  But, I can get bored to tears
as easily as the next man.

You know, Richard, if by some accident of history you had somehow come
to write a Texinfo manual for GNU/Linux network configuration, the free
software world would now be a much happier place.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).