Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:57:51 +0300

>> One thing that doesn't work yet is visiting
>> a file that has no tag, i.e.
>>
>>      * filename.el: File-level changes.
>>
>> Instead of visiting it, `C-c C-c' visits the previous file that has
>> a tag.  Of course, `C-c C-f' is available to visit a file, but it is
>> not convenient to switch between different keys to do the same thing,
>> and also `C-c C-f' has a different behavior: it visits a file in the
>> same window unlike `C-c C-c'.
>>
>> It seems the best thing to do would be searching backward for a tag and
>> a file name at the same.  This may require joining two separate functions
>> that search a tag or a file name into one function.
>
> If I understand my code correctly I first search for a tag (backward and
> forward) and as soon as I found one I search for the first file name
> preceding the tag.  Now if I find another file name in between the
> position of the tag and `point' I could go to `point-min' in that file
> instead.  Is it that what you mean?

I mean rather the following case:

        * window.el (truncated-partial-width-window-p): New function.

        * menu-bar.el: Remove Longlines mode from menu.  Add word-wrap
        option.

When you type `C-c C-c' on the file name `menu-bar.el' (or anywhere
inside the text of its entry) it visits `truncated-partial-width-window-p'
in window.el instead of visiting the file menu-bar.el as it is more expected.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/