Re: [Emacs.app dev]: Emacs.app now in GNU Emacs CVS

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: [Emacs.app dev]: Emacs.app now in GNU Emacs CVS
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:01:18 -0400

On Jul 15, 2008, at 9:49 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

easy-mmode IS needed, right now.

That seems wrong.  Can you explain why you think it's needed?

OK, it seems it's NOT needed. I was confused since it looked like define-minor-mode was defined in easy-mmode. Hmm.. Anyway, my bad. Removed in CVS.

HOWEVER, others are still getting problems with define-minor-mode calls in ns-win where I am not. It would be interesting to know why ns-win is special, since define-minor-mode is called in many other lisp files that are loaded from loadup.el.

PS: Furthermore, it was not mentioned in the ChangeLog:

        * loadup.el: Load ns-win.el if ns-windowing is active.

You need to be more careful with your ChangeLog entries.

I was trying to be brief.  ;-)

Seriously, I wasn't sure what balance to strike between detail and not writing a novel, but I'll go back and edit whatever desired.

Regarding Glenn's suggestion of adding ns-win.el and friends to SOME_MACHINE_LISP, it appears that the only GUI that does this is X. Should all three of w32-win, mac-win, and ns-win be added?