Re: nextstep copyright issues

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: nextstep copyright issues
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:25:16 +0900

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:
>> nextstep/GNUstep/Emacs.base/Resource/emacs.tiff should have a
>> README like those in etc/images.  (Does this file need to be
>> here rather than in etc/images?)
>
> It does not need to be there I guess, but it followed the convention
> for nextstep/Cocoa/Emacs.base/Contents/Resources/Emacs.icns, which in
> turn followed the Carbon port
> mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.icns.  All three are the icon
> used for Emacs.  Keeping them there keeps the app packaging support
> structure consolidated and avoids the need for extra code in the
> Makefile to copy them separately.

This seems reasonable to me.

The images in etc/images/... are all installed in a similarly named
directory, so it makes sense to put them together in the source
directory too, but the nextstep images are not installed in that place.

It seems reasonableand for the nextstep code to do the same thing with
its files (keep to-be-installed-together files together in the source
directory too).

-Miles

--
Run away!  Run away!