Re: a review of the merge (Re: Emacs.app merged)

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: a review of the merge (Re: Emacs.app merged)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:23:47 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > > +(defconst command-line-ns-option-alist
  > > +  '(("-NSAutoLaunch" 1 ns-ignore-1-arg)
  > > +    ("-NXAutoLaunch" 1 ns-ignore-1-arg)
  > > [snip]
  >
  > > Can this be put somewhere else?  It would be better if all other platforms
  > > do not have to load this definition.
  >
  > How do other platforms do it?

I think they define x-handle-* functions in term/*-win.el

Not sure why Emacs.app chose not to define x-handle-* functions, but
call them ns-handle-*

We probably need some common file for these functions (and the humongous
x-colors list) to avoid all the duplication that is happening now.

  >  Shoujld we have a lisp/ns-fns.el where we can put those things?

Not sure if anything is needed, maybe just appending to
command-line-x-option-alist would work.