Re: Release plans

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 03:27:47 +0300

> Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the
> end of this month.
>
> The original plan was to merge CEDET in time for the freeze.  However,
> this isn't going to happen because of a delay in legal paperwork;
> hopefully, CEDET will be included in 23.2.

I have doubts that CEDET can be included in Emacs 23 without adding
more features because some parts have to be rewritten to be more clean
(like replacing defadvices with Emacs native features etc.)

Emacs 23.1 has enough major features, so maybe it makes sense to include
CEDET in the next major release after 23.1 with more related Emacs features
(like tabbed UI and others), and advertise it as Emacs IDE.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/