Re: isearch multiple buffers

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:09:19 +0300

> Somebody put me on the cc list. I currently don't use emacs and (to my
> knowledge) I'm not??? the present maintainer of filesets but I'd like to
> comment on a few statements.

Yes, according to the current file header you are not the present maintainer,
but I've put you on cc because I discovered that you have a new version
of filesets.el with more features that Emacs still lacks.

>> On the www site of the filesets project I've found a file filesets2.el
>> that contains features missing in the Emacs version of filesets.el.
>> These features provide integration with dired and ibuffer: there are
>> special commands to add a buffer from the ibuffer's buffer list to
>> a fileset, and to add dired marked buffers to a fileset.  I wonder
>> why the author didn't include them to Emacs.
>>
> Back then I used xemacs most of the time (mostly because compilation was
> slightly easier on cygwin/windows). xemacs has cl loaded by default, and
> I considered it preferable to use its functions. I don't think this
> version has been thoroughly tested with emacs.

Do you have any plans or ideas about updating filesets.el in Emacs
with a newer version you have?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/