Re: inputting characters by hexadigit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: inputting characters by hexadigit
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:23:54 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> If we consider that C-q <char> should stick to "insert <char>", then
> one way to still use C-q + <charcode> is to use non-chars in <charcode>,
> e.g. use the meta modifier.

While that's a nice goal, I'm not sure the alternatives to C-q + MAGIC
are any better...

It seems to me that the having a single magic character would be
reasonable, it's having 27 different magic characters that starts to get
annoying.

So how about "#" as the single magic char, and have "##" to insert a #
character?

Then than # followed by other characers can be used for lots of cool
stuff... # DIGS, #xDIGS, #oDIGS, ...

-Miles

--
Once, adj. Enough.